Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 shower faucet stoped working
Author: sansari (VA)

I tried to open the faucet today, and water does not come out. I used the shower yesterday, and the rest of the faucets in the house work. Here is a pic of it:

Re: shower faucet stoped working
Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

It could possibly be a stuck balancing spool in the cartridge. If so you'll need to turn the water off to the house, disassemble the faucet and thoroughly clean all the internal components and reassemble.

Author: hj (AZ)

That would only affect either the hot OR cold, but not both. We need a larger picture.

I replaced the cartridge, and the faucet works now. My only issue is that originally this was the close state of knob when the faucet was closed:
Now it is like this: and while previously I could turn counter clock wise to get cold first, and then hot water, now I can turn to left or right but only half way. I did not wait to see the temperature as I realized I did something wrong. So my problem now is to how to make it work like before. There are two other pieces, which I believe play a part in adjusting the desired temperature and they are: these two. I watched a video, in which the guy opened the water before you removed the handle, and then adjusted one of the plastic pieces I posted above. While that video helps, and I am going to look for more like it to address my issue, it did not explain how the plastic adjuster works. If you know of an easier way I appreciate a response. Here are larger pics:

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

Those 2 white pieces mesh together, one goes inside the other. Align both tabs so that they are vertical when they are installed into the barrel of the faucet.

Thank you so much. smileys with beer

Thank you so much. It is working fine now. My other error was putting in the cartridge upside down, and once I fixed that, it worked. ( one comment for those new to the task; don't forget to turn off the water before you pull out the cartridge smile )

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.