Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Tub Clogging
Author: AlbertGeorge (NJ)

I've tried using a plunger and chemical drain cleaners, but my tub is still clogged. What else can I do before I resort to calling a plumber?

Re: Tub Clogging
Author: stuckinlodi (MO)

When you used the plunger did you cover the tub overflow opening? If not then most of your plunging force just came back out and didn't get applied to the clog. Also, have enough water in the tub to cover at least half the rubber part of the plunger, you want the plunger to force water (not air) down into the drain.

Edited 1 times.

Author: Spark (PA)

Sounds like great advice on how to use the plunger! I never knew that. I've had luck using one of those little blue sticks that you can put down the drain. They contain natural enzymes, not chemicals.

Author: PlumberLoren (CA)

Generally hair is the culprit on Tubs and Showers. Purchase a small snake from Big Box that is from 15 to 25 ft long and 1/4" in diameter. Remove the Overflow Chrome cover and install the snake through that opening. Try to retrieve any hair and continue to snake until you get no hair. Once open, run water through it and if it is cleaf fill the Tub half up to put a little head pressure on the drain to force the water to clear out the drain. That is what is required to do the job.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.