Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 sink arm work around - per 1960 led in slab
Author: pcougar (PA)

Pre 1960 slab on grade bathroom. All fixtures are lead in slab, surrounded by functioning radient heat system and pipe removal/replacement near impossible due to radient grid surrounding pipe. I am supposing all fixtures tie into soil pipe at differents connections and all use same stack vent, no mechanical plan available to view. Toilet is @1 foot from vent, sink @3.5 and tub @ 5.5 feet from stack. Sink drain previously direct piped to chromed s-trap and extension with copper to lead solder connection. Drain has deteriroated to point connection repair not possible. Would like to cap existing sink drain then run p-trap drain and vent arm at proper heights into stack above existing fixtures Stack is currently CI. Looks like HW CI in 3 inch and diameter is almost identical to 3 inch PVC. Finding mixed information on code sanctioned PVC to CI connection in wall, thinking Mission coupling. YOUR thoughts please on proposed drain and vent run. Also thoughts on best PVC to CI connection

Re: sink arm work around - per 1960 led in slab
Author: packy (MA)

Just get a 3 x 2 no hub sanitary tee to cut into the cast iron stack. from the inlet of the san tee you can use a sheilded cast iron to PVC clamp.

Thanks Packy thumbs

Thanks Packy, debating between fernco and mission either will work with current in wall code. But have a question about the New Englan p-trap. Can't find any locally. Will it direct connect to a 2 inch pvc stub out or a 1 1/2, and what kind of adapter is required on stub out solvent connection of threaded.

Edited 1 times.

Author: packy (MA)

it glues right onto a 1 1/2 inch PVC stubout..
be really careful when measuring.. those are tricky to get correct..

Thanks, that answers my piping question, however I can't tell whether the trap extension arm can be cut to adjust. The pedestal lav sits only @8 inch from finished wall to center of tail piece. I would need to cut the extension and chrome cover sleeve to fit the whole p-trap in that space. Not a fan of any current PVC to Tubular connection, and slip connections at the wall have never been my favorite. Now know why I usually install vanities.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.