Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 A ...... dilemma
Author: Tontwins (UT)

I'm attempting to build a basement apartment and would like to add a toliet however it's only near this side drain that currently is for my upstairs sink and laundry. It's about 2.5-3 in Dia but appears to have some sorta of reducing coupling at the bottom... Photos below.

Option 1. Saniflow macerating toilet empty into drain.

Option 2. Rear discharge toliet with 3'' to exiting drain with access to clear pipes.

This drain should be close to the 6'' main that goes to the street not sure on slope or anything underneath. I was going to rent a camera to see if I can find out either of those.

[goo.gl]

Edited 1 times.

Re: A ...... dilemma
Author: stuckinlodi (MO)

So, is the plan to run the new downstairs washing machine on the same drain as the upstairs washing machine and laundry sink, plus add a toilet fixture?

Edited 1 times.

Author: Tontwins (UT)

Incorrect. it's a bathroom sink and toliet plus wash machine and two kichen sinks... Highly unlikely all will be going at once it would be a second bath in the basement I just though a half bath would be a nice bonus and cheap to do sadly I think I'm wrong...

Upstairs laundry are on main drain

Edited 2 times.

Author: steve (CA)

Downstair's fixtures need to be vented.

Author: packy (MA)

even if it is highly unlikely they will all be running at once, code says they need to be piped as if they were.

Author: stuckinlodi (MO)

Agreed, it would probably work satisfactorily for him and if getting it inspected isn't something he is planning to do (I know that may be a shocker but in many areas no inspection isn't unusual) then he could accomplish his plan. Would need to somehow add venting to help draining, or maybe add AAV's upstream of fixture traps where possible. Since the toilet trap is builtin to its bowl on a normal toilet I don't know if possible to add AAV to the ejector type toilets.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.