Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 No water mobile home
Author: SueSueSusie (IA)

In mid December copper pipe froze and leaked. We had water to all taps in home. Professional plumber replaced section of copper pipe with pex. No water at all in home. Plumber said that meant had frozen pipe somewhere else. Water meter was leaking out back of meter starting when pipes froze. Water company came and replaced meter. No water in home. They stayed for an hour trying to troubleshoot. They loosened top fitting on meter and water gushed out. They said this meant pipe not frozen underground. They said to call plumber back and have him check installation. Plumber won't come back out without being paid again - says it is a frozen pipe.
So what we have is a new water meter with heat tape and 1/2 inch installation from top of meter all along pipe to where it comes into home. No leaks. Water meter read 28 gallons on night of installation and is still at 28 gallons. No water at any tap in home.
I cannot figure out why we do not have water. It was 47 degrees today.

Re: No water mobile home
Author: packy (MA)

gee wiz, if the water dept. stayed for an hour and couldn't figure out where it was frozen, how the heck are we supposed to?
get an infrared heat thermometer and start testing the temperature of the pipes.
[www.google.com]

Author: SueSueSusie (IA)

Thanks!

Author: iminpanow (NJ)

I let my water run just a little in my bathroom when it gets really cold,running water is kinda hard to freeze hope it helps,kev

Author: Pipe runner (AZ)

Now when the plumber told you he won't come back unless paid...how did you react to that?
Usually when there is great distance of travel is when I start thinking about getting
paid again otherwise I'm happy to return to check my own work. Have to build good relationships
because there's always more work needed.

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

When water is frozen, it might take a couple of days before a frozen pipe is thaw'd. Mobile homes, require extra special freeze protection that a brick and mortar building.

You have learned a valuable lesson in winter water protection. Best Wishes

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.