Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Help identifying cartridge/steam for shower handle
Author: mannyohio (OH)

Hello,

I;ve look everywhere and I cannot find the manufacturer anywhere i have looked. I cannot match the seam that i need. it leaks even after closing it tight. i have taken things apart and cannot find a manufacturer.

[drive.google.com]

Re: Help identifying cartridge/steam for shower handle
Author: hj (AZ)

That would normally be a "Fuller ball" faucet, but it may be a more modern one with conventional stems and washers.

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

I would think that new washers is all that it would need.

Thank you! big grin

Thank you! I am pretty sure you are right. It is definitely not a vintage kind, but more of a modern early 2000's model if I recall correctly. I am not at the site to take the cartridge apart, I went to the hardware store and they gave me some parts to "rebuild" it, but it didn't do the trick. I am now reading that these type of faucets need the bottom rubber replaced or tighten. Otherwise, if you guys don't mind keeping taps...I will post the pic of the cartridge and give me some pointers where to find it. Thank you again!

Edited 1 times.

Re: Thank you! big grin
Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

I don't think that faucet contains a cartridge, but will have a stem, washer, and brass seat.

Hi all, Thank you for your information, I wanted to wait after my return and I now have pictures of the cartridge/steam? the bottom rubber seems a bit smashed and also the top has a smashed rubber which I don't recall what it looks like. If you click on the link above you will find the additional pictures.

Any idea what brand of faucet and/or cartridge I need to buy or what rubber parts to replace? I replaced the rubber band in the middle and it didn't help. Thank you!

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.