Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Mix/Match Everpure instant hot trim with Insinkerator tank
Author: aschwa (CA)

Hi all-

I like the Everpure EV9000-85 trim kit for cosmetic reasons (and, more importantly, because I already own it).

I'm trying to hook it up to an Insinkerator instant hot tank (model SST-FLTR).

Problem is that the insinkerator instant hot tank has a fitting on it for a vent, but the EV9000-85 doesn't have a vent tube.

What is the purpose of the vent on the Insinkerator unit? Why can't the Insinkerator vent through the hot water tube?

Re: Mix/Match Everpure instant hot trim with Insinkerator tank
Author: hj (AZ)

To release any steam buildup. It would need a check valve to prevent the hot water from going back into the tank instead of out the faucet. ISE tanks are not compatible with all faucets, as you have discovered.

Thanks hj. But I don't understanding what you mean.

How do the non-Insinkerator instant hot tanks work without a steam vent?

Are you saying that I could make the Insinkerator tank work with my trim by adding a check valve? Where would I put it?

Thanks,

Andrew

They either do not vent or vent through the hot water line. You either need an ISE compatible faucet or an Everpure compatible tank.

Can you explain your check valve comment?

I said to say that it iw the ONLY way it could work, NOT that it was a way to do it.

Could you clarify what you meant by "iw" and "I said to say"?

Author: packy (MA)

i think hj meant that simply connecting hot to hot and cold to cold will not work as intended. but adding a check valve would make it work but is not recommended. "iw" is southwest slang for "is"..

Thanks hj and Packy applause

Thanks hj and Packy.

I'm going to return my Insinkerator instant hot tank and get the Readyhot RH-200-SS instead, which is meant to work with the Everpure faucet.

But I have another question!

I'm trying to hook up a reverse osmosis unit to an instant hot. Typically, the faucet that comes with the RO unit functions as an air gap, but since I'm using the instant hot, I won't be using the RO-provided faucet.

Can I just do a high loop instead of using an air gap? An air gap is presumably a bit safer, but it seems that plenty of folks use the high loop method with their dishwashers without any trouble. Is there any reason that a high loop is OK for a dishwasher but not for a RO system?

Thanks,
Andrew

Edited 1 times.

Author: steve (CA)

A high loop drain for a dishwasher may be sometimes used, but is not legal in California.

Let's pretend I'm asking my question about a different state, and not California.

When RO systems are connected to instant hot tanks, how do plumbers typically deal with the RO's waste line? High loop?

Author: packy (MA)

[www.jrsmith.com]

Why didn't you get the Everpure faucet with two handles so you could have both hot and cold R/O water?

WE don NOT typically connect them to an Insta-Hot tank only.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.