Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 rinnai code 12
Author: larry p (FL)

i have a 10 year old rinnai ru75 ep. recently it started intermittenly giving me a code 12. cut power off and on and sometimes that solves problem . i have had 2 different rinnai approved techs out . first guy cleaned burner plate,fan, and finned plate . worked for 30 min. second guy replaces flame rod and gas regulator inside unit . i have replaced ignition module and switched out electrical breakers and switches . latest trick is to turn on hot water and wait for code . while leaving hot water faucet on i cut power supply off and on and that seems to be a temporary solution . last guy said he would be throwing darts at it trying to fix it . cleaned water filter under unit . havent flushed lines yet due to no clean out valves yet . anybody have same problem ? any suggestions would be appreciated ! thanks !

Re: rinnai code 12
Author: steve (CA)

Have you seen a troubleshooting checklist for Rinnai? [www.rinnai.us]

i have and still no sucess. does anybod have ideas as to what is wrong ? now the unit will code 12 and after cutting pwer 2/3 times it stays on with no code. i cant keep paying techs to come out and not fix it . thanks !

Author: Plumberpalmer (MA)

Has anyone checked the gas pressure with a manometer while unit is running and all other appliances are running?

no other gas appliances . tankless heater the only gas user . presssure was 11.5 10.5. if flame rod wire is ground due to wear would i see arc with cover off and nighttime ? thank you

Author: Plumberpalmer (MA)

Is this LP gas or natural ? If it is natural it is to high

lp gas

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

A defective gas regulator on your LP Tank?

Best Wishes

Thanks for the response! applause

had it checked when they filled up tank . thanks for the response !

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.