Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 fluidmaster shut off
Author: plumbobber (CA)

The toilet fluidmaster does not shut off when bulb reaches top. It is only a trickle but overflows the tank. I adjusted the link to no avail. Is it just worn out , or is there some other trick ?
thanks

Re: fluidmaster shut off
Author: packy (MA)

you need to shut off the water and remove the top. there may be debris under the washer or it needs to be replaced.
check youtube for videos on how to repair a fluidmaster 400.
[www.google.com]

Thanks for the info !!! applause

Thanks for the info !!! I took off the top, look clean inside, put it back on, now it seems to be working ??? Getting tired of mopping up when I forget to turn the water off.
Hope it keeps working, don't know why it kept running before ??

Edited 1 times.

Re: Thanks for the info !!! applause
Author: packy (MA)

when you feel like removing the top again, remove it and hold a rag over the open top. turn the water on very briefly to flush out any debris. also, the rubber washer in the top is readily available and simple to replace.

Re: Thanks for the info !!! applause

Bad news, !!! The drip from the tube stopped but water is still draining in to cause overflow. I think it is coming from the bottom of the units water supply. When I flush a lot of bubbles come up from the unit at the bottom of the toilet. When the water is about completely flush is when bubbles start, until tank starts filling up. I can hear water also when the tank is full to the stop area.Guess I will have to replace whole unit.
thanks again.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.