Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Sewage ejector discharge 1.5" to 2" conversion
Author: 17tholtz (IL)

So I bought a new Zoeller sewage ejector pump that has a 2 inch output as well as a 2" Zoeller check valve. However the existing system was done using 1.5" pvc. I should have checked this before i bought the new pump.

So I am wondering, do I need to get a different pump?

Or directly below the existing 1.5" ball valve, can i put a 1.5" to 2" adaptor, then my 2" check valve, then 2" pvc to the new ejector pump?

Also are there any kind of issue with building codes with this setup?

Thanks for any help.

Tom

Edited 1 times.

Re: Sewage ejector discharge 1.5" to 2" conversion
Author: packy (MA)

just use a reducing coupling rather than a bushing. you'll probably have more resistance for the pump to push against but you should be fine.
i'm assuming you have less than 10 feet of lift ..

Thanks for the reply. Yes i have less than 10 feet of lift.

Do you think my intended placement is okay, to put the reducing coupling between the 1.5" ball valve and the 2" check valve?

Author: packy (MA)

that's where i would put it..

So I have realized a few things, long story short, my father who is helping me troubleshoot this refered to this as an ejector pit and I believe that I jumped to the conclusion that it was a sewage ejector pit and order a sewage pump with a 2" discharge.

I have cleaned out the pit with little or no foul smell, and pulled out what turns out to be an effluent pump with a 1.5" discharge. Also upon flushing toilets, I don't believe any sewage is running into it.

So I am left with my $300 Zoeller sewage pump. Install it with a 2" adaptor? Or attempt to return it already opened?

Installing it seems as easy as anything but I maybe wasted a bit of money buying a sewage pump instead of an effluent pump.

Author: JLNY (NY)

Return it and purchase the proper pump. No need to waste your money on a pump that's not needed.

Thanks for the help big grin

I decided to follow your advice to return the sewage pump and get the proper pump. Thanks for the help.

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.