Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Help! Water pump issues
Author: Mandella (VA)

My husband asked me to clean out the sediment filter on the water pump (he works out of town). Well I did but I didn't release the pressure or turn off the water pump only the water, I did realize my mistake and did turn off the pump. That was a mistake on my part. Well the sediment filter is back on and everything was fine that evening. Today I started having intermittent low water pressure. But the pump seemed to be turning off and on properly. There was a small amount of water on the ground around the pump house when I checked it earlier today but I assumed it was from changing the filter. Well just a little while ago I heard the pump running and not sounding exactly like it normally does, so I turned it off. It's the middle of the night and no water has been running not sure why it kicked on. I am worried I may have broken something when I removed the filter. Does anyone have any ideas what could be going on?

Re: Help! Water pump issues
Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

Is it a jet pump ? Maybe it has lost it's prime ? There is no visible leakage around the filter housing ?

Re: Help! Water pump issues
Author: Mandella (VA)

I think it is a jet pump. I don't see water in the pump house it is just on the ground outside. I can't see where the pipes are without crawling in there, I haven't done that yet. If it is just that it lost it's prime it is probably an easy fix? Right?

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.