Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Need help with running drain lines under mobile home please.
Author: nickhuxley29 (MI)

I will be replacing the drainage lines under a mobile home and need help with how exactly to connect them. There is a main sewage drain under the trailer and it looks like they just took a huge white pvc drain pipe and connected it to something in the bathroom, all of the other drain lines are disconnected and laying there. As far as I can see the plumbing is all intact in the trailer it is just unhooked underneath. There is a black drain pipe that comes up in the kitchen that is capped not sure if thats a vent or what. There is nothing on the main sewage drain just a sewage line to connect to so am guessing I'll half to make a trap there as well? I've included a pic with the layout, the tub drains to the right. Thank you very much for any help we are in a bad situation and this was pretty much our only option so I'm willing to put the work in just unsure how to line everything up. [@#$%&[postimg.org]][/url][@#$%&[postimage.org]]adult image hosting[/url]

Edited 1 times.

Re: Need help with running drain lines under mobile home please.
Author: Wheelchair (IL)

Remember that you live in a State with Hard Frost and lots of Snow. Make sure your wasteline allow complete passage of liquids and solids into the mainline. Standing liquids, freeze solid. This also applies to your waterlines. Make sure they are proper insulated and protected.

Best Wishes

Thank you! thumbs

Thank you! So this means I don't want any traps underneath? I have no clue how to run the drains I've looked everywhere can't find a diagram.

Edited 1 times.

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

The traps in a mobile home are supposed to be up in the floor joists, with the insulation, and belly material underneath them. You don't want any traps hanging down below the insulation. Basically the factory connects a bathroom's drain's up in the joist and then drops the drain thru the belly material and then once the home is set, the plumber just connects all the drops.

Thanks for the info! clap

Thanks for the info! Whats the best way to connect the drops into the main sewage line? I'm having trouble figuring how exactly to run them the best way.

Edited 1 times.

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

I'd start with the drop that's furthest from the septic tank, a combination and cleanout is good to start with. Then just proceed down the line, catching the drops with combinations and long sweep 90's. 1/4" fall per foot, hangers at every 48".

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.