Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Short by "THAT MUCH"----
Author: Gary Holland (CA)

So, after a knuckle buster of getting my old and leaking kitchen faucet out and a very simple replacement exercise of replacing with a nice new faucet, which took no time at all except for just really understanding how the new faucet was intended to be installed, I find that my last piece of business, connecting the water feed hoses left me short of my "hot" water line by about 2"~! I mean everything else went along so well, it really took me by surprise. So, I suppose, since the feeder lines are attached well inside of the fixture, I need to get a 3/8" extension with a male and female end but the shortest made. My question is. #1 Are such hoses made and available at most any hardware store? AND, if so, #2 are there hoses available which are very short or what are the lengths which are the most standard and therefor readily available? The manufacturer had nothing for me , not even decent advice ( it's a company which sells to Costco, called WaterRidge or WR. I can recommend their product with it's ease of installation and the functionality of their faucet but their customer service is a shabby mess! (The guy sounded as if he were on some sort of medication)so he was no help at all. I'm hoping someone here has a well informed answer to how I may handle this situation the best. Again, we're only talking about 2" and it appears to me, the former owners moved the hot water supply over about 4" for some reason lost through the years. So, it's not really WR's fault, just a shortage which requires barely 6"s which I'm hoping there is a 6" extension hose, perhaps? Thank you for your advice in advance, Gary

Re: Short by "THAT MUCH"----
Author: packy (MA)

good news... yes they make 3/8 flexable hose extensions male by female.
bad news... the shortest that i know of is 12 inches.

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

What's the supply pipe material ? It might make a neater job to move the valve than extend the supply line.

Author: steve (CA)

Maybe a "Quick Tee" with the side port capped off.
[www.plumbingsupply.com]

Author: hj (AZ)

THE short hose and a compression coupling will be cheaper than that tee and a cap.

Author: steve (CA)

Deleted..

Edited 1 times.

Thanks for all of the fine "tips"... thumbs
Author: Gary Holland (CA)

Thanks for all of the fine "tips" received and appreciated~!

I found my solution in a 12" M2F 3/8" hose made from the same wire/wrapped construction as the original and the extra bit of hose tucked nicely out of the way with (here's the very BEST part--NO LEAKS) and the faucet is flowing most excellently~!

Love simple fixes even if it means another run to the appliance parts supply house but it never hurts to help maintain your relationship there anyway so good all around IMHO.

Again, thanks for the help and maybe I'll be of some help to someone else in this or some other situation since it seems I have more than my share of these "sort of situations" arise at this home of ours.

Cheers, Gary Holland

Edited 2 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.