Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Kitchen and Bathroom sink drains fine but toilet will not flush at all. help
Author: MaparOrNoCar1969 (PA)

I'm 16 and helping my 60 year old disabled dad and 61 year old mother with the toilet. when we flush it the bowl fills with water...Yesterday we tried snaking it but found nothing then today we dumped Liquid Plumber down the drains and tried flushing it but still filled up the toilet bowl with water. We live in the country so we have a septic tank and we dug up the hole and stuck a rake handle into the small hole beside the lid to see if something was lodged in there, after I poked around the hole filled up with the sewage water. I ran in the house, flushed the toilet and it still wouldn't go down, so I grabbed the shovel and went to the drainage pipe for the septic tank down by the road and unblocked it and it flowed with black sludge like it does but when I flushed it again you guessed it...Nothing! About an hour after my mom got home I managed to get the toilet to go down twice but now it stopped working again. I need some help with this ASAP! thanks,
MoparOrNoCar1969.

Re: Kitchen and Bathroom sink drains fine but toilet will not flush at all. help
Author: MaparOrNoCar1969 (PA)

Deleted.

Edited 1 times.

Re: Kitchen and Bathroom sink drains fine but toilet will not flush at all. help
Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

It sounds to me like the septic tank is overfull ? If so it will need to be pumped, and the drainfield checked to see if it is distributing the water from the tank. The small hole you poked with a stick is probably a tee standing vertical on the inlet to the tank. They used to use a tee to force the water under the sludge layer instead of placing it on top of the sludge. If the water is above the tee you can be confident the drainfield is the source of the trouble.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.