Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Shower Faucet Identification
Author: raynew2 (LA)

I'm trying to plan a repair for a two-handle shower faucet set that is matched to a Kohler Master Shower installation. See photo.

This was the answer from Kohler last Friday: "The photos do match our Master Shower body spray, however the on and off ribbed handles are not Kohler products. Kohler valves would not be compatible with these handles."

and here is the description of problem:

Is product already installed:yes
Model Number:Two Handle Shower faucet for vintage 1990s Master Shower
Color Finish:Chrome Handles, Round, Ribbed pattern
First Name:Ray
Job Function:Consumer/Homeowner
State/Province:LA
Postal Code:70471
Place of Purchase:RETAIL
Date of Installation:1/1993?
Feedbackconfused smileyee faucet photo. I am hoping to identify this two faucet shower set. The nozzles (which are working fine) are verified as being Kohler from the plastic middle part. The faucets are leaking externally down the shower wall, and internally to the shower head.
Questions:
1. Model No.?
2. Can I rebuild in place?
3. What parts are needed (assuming seats are good)?
4. How best to remove knob, or can I just turn handle full counterclockwise (and more with a wrench) to remove bonnet?

Thanks, Ray

Re: Shower Faucet Identification
Author: raynew2 (LA)

For clarification: Brand identification for the shower faucets would be a great start.

Also, any general plumbing advice about possibly cranking the entire handle counter-clockwise to disassemble would be appreciated. I was able to disassemble a bathroom sink faucet, of the same mystery manufacturer by this method (leave handle on, crank handle counterclockwise with pipe wrench, after protecting handle). But, I'm concerned the shower faucet may have different construction.

And some of these questions are necessary because I'm afraid the handles may not come off without dynamite. I have done some pulling, no movement. I'm thinking about the 2X4 pry method, but this is a fiberglass shower. I'd be sick if it cracked.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

Maybe the center caps are friction fit with an O-ring. Have you tried prying them out ?

Author: hj (AZ)

It appears you subscribe to the 600# gorilla method of repairing faucets. The top cap should unscrew to give access to the handle screw.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.