Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Grohe kitchen faucet leaks only when left in cold position
Author: trisha1122 (MA)

I have a grohe kitchen faucet with pull out sprayer. Nice faucet, but it leaks (when its off), if we leave the handle anywhere towards the cold side, closer it is, worse the leak is. I.e. if I turn it off with the handle all the way over to hot, no puddle at the base. Leave it in the middle , medium leak, all the way to cold, big puddle. I first noticed some wet under the sink (cabinet), But nothing leaking from pipes/tubes/traps. Then I saw a drip come down from the hole in the granite that the faucet fits into. At first I thought my son was splashing water onto the base when he used it, but then it happened when he was gone for 2 weeks. I started rubber banding a paper towel around the base, and noticed it only got wet when the faucet was off, anywhere but the full hot position.

I read that this could happen from mineral buildup, (I do have hard water)..and I should clean the cartridge with vinegar and replace it. Any ideas?

It's been happening for over a year. Not annoying enough yet to make me run out and buy anything or call a plumber.It doesn't puddle up as you watch, but if I come back a few minutes later, I can see the puddle starting. If it stays towards cold all night,I have a dinner plate sized wet spot with corresponding wet spot on the puppy pad under the sink. Plan to sell house in a year, so I have to start fixing these little issues.
Thanks

Re: Grohe kitchen faucet leaks only when left in cold position
Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

The water should not drip down into the cabinet unless it's leaking at the hose to spray handle connection in the spout. That should be checked first, then the cartridge could be removed and cleaned if required.

Re: Grohe kitchen faucet leaks only when left in cold position
Author: packy (MA)

contact grohe for free cartridge. their tech support is really good.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.