Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 no hot water from kitchen faucet
Author: clm (TX)

Perplexed... I have no hot water coming from the kitchen faucet. I had the faucet replaced 3 days ago due to leaks and only get slightly luke warm water from the faucet. I've had this problem for quite some time now but would really like to use my dishwasher but the water doesn't get hot enough to get them clean. I have no problem with hot water at any other location in the house. I have sufficient water pressure and there is no change in pressure from cold to hot. Even the plumber that installed the faucet didn't know what was going on. He suggested a POU undersink heater but I don't want to do that for various reasons. Does anyone have any ideas what may be going on and how to correct the problem other than installing pex line directly from the heater across attic to the kitchen faucet which I assume could be rather expensive?

Edited 1 times.

Re: no hot water from kitchen faucet
Author: hj (AZ)

We would have to know WHERE the hot water is going, since if you run the water long enough the hot water should get ther from the tank.

Author: clm (TX)

Are you saying the hot water is going somewhere (leaking) and the leak would have to be located first?

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

An aging water/hot water system,collects minerals and deposits that slow the circulation system. If this is the issue, then adding a new faucet does not resolve the circulation system. Are you hot water supply pipes exposed or hidden in the concrete. Knowing the answers help us to help you.

Best Wishes

Author: SeekMocha (CA)

When the faucet was replaced, did you also replace the hot water supply valve and supply hose under the sink? I've seen a lot of older supply valves that can be closed, but something breaks inside and you can never get them fully open again. As a test, you might try swapping the cold supply hose over to the hot side of your sink faucet to see if you can get a full flow of cold water through the hot side. If you can, then you know the problem is not in the faucet, it's in the hot water supply valve or supply hose.

As a matter of good practice, whenever I replace a faucet, I also replace all associated supply valves and hoses that are more than 10 years old.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.