Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 new sinks/wall install in shop
Author: tominga (GA)

Hello, I'm trying to remodel a bathroom in a shop

they had the sink running out of the wall exterior then tied into septic, but I have moved that wall and moving the sink to a newly added interior wall

they had a shower in it as well which I may replace, they had no venting to the previous sink or shower and no p trap for the shower, in fact it just drained out under ground- why I have no idea as they have a septic line right there, but this was built a long time ago

anyhow, I'm wondering how far off the floor i should run my horizontal drain line to my sinks (before I go vertical to stub out of wall, I also am thinking of a Studor vent as code allows that here and seeing how it wont be in rafters

I know to use p-traps for the sinks and I think I should offset it from center of sink position where it stubs out of wall? there are proper Y and sweeps outside I think, Ill have to add the proper sanitary t's and elbows inside

I did a drawing although not to aspect ratio, the new wall is only 38" long 8ftt tall the newly added sinks and drain are in red, there will be one sink on each side of wall (on inside bathroom and one outside)

anyhow thank you, I'm just trying to be sure I do not have any slow drains in this setup...

BTW the oval is the existing toilet, there was a vent on outside after that toilet as you can see i posted only upright vent

Tom

Edited 4 times.

Re: new sinks/wall install in shop
Author: Pipe runner (AZ)

stub out trap arm 21" AFF (above finish floor) for bathroom lav.

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

Is this shop washroom required to meet any standards or plumbing codes? Is the purpose as a unisex, male or female use. Will the ADA Law, be required today, tomorrow or next year. Will this job require a permit and later an inspection? How about the outside/inside temperatures?

Best Wishes

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

I'd stub the drain out dead center of the sink, you can use a st.trap adapter in the sanitary tee.

No it's just changing the direction of toilet and adding a sink, so no inspection is needed, ( I actually moved that wall about 1.5 feet bath was about 10.5 long) but there will be plenty of clearance in front of the toilet for wheel chair if needed (about 40"winking smiley with the toilet turned 90degrees (like it was) there was 34" in front of toilet to wall,

I was just going to put a wall mount sink next to the toilet, outside temp can get cold here we do get freezing temps, but the pipe for the sink had always run right outside the wall pretty high (in fact it just went out of the wall at the same height as the p-Ttrap) then turned down into the ground
another thing if I decide to put a shower back in, I wanted to run that pipe to the septic drain line, it used to be up on a raised floor other side of bathroom, then ran into the slab where I show it now then outside, never connected to septic, biut neither was the sink in kitchen (used to be an apartment in that half of shop) I was told a lot of gray water was done that way here back then

sttub out of wall at 21" wow seems high, anyhow how high should the horizontal drain be off the floor to run down the wall? does it matter? I dont see a regulation for that here IOW from stub out of wall go straight down to what heght to run tthe 38 or so inches to the end of wall at 1/4" per foot drop. a few inches up from floor seems good to me, but do not know for sure

ok, perhaps I was thinking for a kitchen sink to offset the stub out of wall

thanks

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.