Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 water drainage issue off driveway
Author: achillez (OR)

Hi - not sure if this is a "plumbing" topic but I have a water drainage issue off my driveway. Culprit seems to be the drain pipe in the middle, it easily gets plugged. I did the shop vac "suction" approach, sucked up a bunch of guck, some mud, even a few rocks. Now thinking to use a water jetter to try to punch through. Stuck spot is only ~15 ft in but I suspect it has to go 50 ft to get to the end.

Question: I have a Karcher electric pressure washer. Would like to add a 50' water jetter hose, something like:
[ecx.images-amazon.com]

... but I think I need an adapter for the Karcher. Thus far haven't found much except for this specialized hose, which sadly is only 25':
[www.amazon.com]

Any advice/suggestions much appreciated. If this doesn't belong here pls let me know if there's an equivalent DYI site like plbg.

Thanks

Edited 1 times.

Re: water drainage issue off driveway
Author: srloren (CA)

Go in as far as you can with what you have then put a baloon type hose end blaster on your hose and hopefully you have enough water pressure to blast out the rocks and whatever is in the drain. Hopefully you don't have roots in there. You can also try blasting from the end of the drain after you blast at the drain itself. If you can run a snake in from both ends first your are more likely to solve you problem. Good luck.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.