Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Identify this tub faucet and how to fix
Author: isobig2016 (PA)

I am trying to repair a leaky hot side of tub faucet. Took off the handle, and the shaft cosmetic shroud, and this is what's there. There was also a metal washer on the shaft which I slid off before this pic was taken. I could not find a brand anywhere on the handles or any other area. How do I get this stem out? I was expecting a hex or dual flat spots to use a wrench or socket on, but nothing.

Any idea what brand this would be so I could locate parts? I believe it uses a washer but may need a new seat as well. Home was built circa 1950 but I have no idea when this faucet was installed, could be original or newer.

Re: Identify this tub faucet and how to fix
Author: steve (CA)

Put the handle back on and the stem will unscrew from the valve body. You do have the hot water supply shut off, right?

Author: m & m (MD)

That is a 6" center, surface mount faucet. Sears sold many of them back then but not sure who produced them for Sears.

Author: hj (AZ)

It was a Milwaukee Faucet, possibly the Queen Anne series.

Thanks guys big grin

Thanks guys. I will give it a try. Just curious, which way do I turn to remove... counterclockwise like usual, or would this be reverse threaded?

Also... whoever said 6" center is correct! I went an measured it to see after reading the post. Good job!

Edited 2 times.

Thanks. I was thinking you had to do something like that but wanted to ask before doing anything else with it. Yes water supply was off. Would it be ok to use pliers on the shaft to remove it? I don't want to strip the splines on the handle is it is hard to turn trying to remove the shaft.

Author: packy (MA)

you turn the direction that you turn the water on. yeah, you can grab the spline with pliers (carefully) but the handle will allow you to turn as well as pull towards you.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

the amount of force required to unscrew the stem is the same as the amount of force to turn water on and off

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

Universal Rundle, made faucets for as well.
Best Wishes

Author: m & m (MD)

Wheelchair, thanks for the post. It was U/R that manufactured for Sears.

Thanks everyone. I will be checking with my LPS to see if they have, or can get, replacement parts. I will update once I have more info.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.