Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Chirping toilet
Author: Mepbr (RI)

I recently had a bath room makeover. We moved the toilet from the north wall to the south wall. It worked fine. Then my sister took sick and I wanted to put a high 18 inch toilet in as we have one I the half bath in the adjoining bath off the bedroom. I discovered that 16 1/2 is it in the local places. On the internet I found a taller one a Kohler and bought it. My friend,who has installed a few toilets, and I began to install it and realized upon opening that it was a pressure toilet. Now we began to notice the water level dropping in the other toilet, an old 3.5 L flush. Inspection noted.: finis to water line, drops about an inch with each flush of th other toilet. Will return to filled level when flushed . After about a week the noise occurred at the end of the fill of the bedroom toilet. After another week I was noticing a chirp once I awhile not related to anything and not at even intervals . Today happening much more often and louder. I am becoming afraid of an unfortunate accident here. From in the cellar you can barely hear it. It is louder in the new toilet. It does not happen at even intervals. Not related to flushing. I cannot tell if the toilet is loosing water and refilling itself because as a pressure flush you cannot see any water. I am also sure the pressure can be turned down as it still scares me every time it flushes even after all these weeks and it has an adjustment for that but as I said, no manual. Another tip, I am fairly computer challenged...?

Re: Chirping toilet
Author: Wheelchair (IL)

Call Flushmate div of Sloan Valve in the morning at 800-533-3450 with the serial number of your Kohler unit. The serial number is under the lid.

Best Wishes

Re: Chirping toilet
Author: Mepbr (RI)

Sorry to have not answered.. I called flushmate . Said need y no t plumbing. Plumbing already y I guess I will change the toilet to a regular flush. I really hate this power flush anyway. Thanks for responding

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.