Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 water pressure drop
Author: md20201 (NC)

I have a house on a slab 3/4 copper in. When one fixture is open the pressure drops in the next fixture as commode flushes shower drops etc. In pressure from the street is 90# I know it needs to be lower but my question is will a PRV help regulate the house pressure. Owner wants to know I'm not sure the answer.
Thanks Mark.

Re: water pressure drop
Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

There is a restriction in the piping somewhere, clogged water filter, clogged screen on the pressure reducing valve, faulty main water valve, etc. Just adding a reducing valve will not correct the problem.

Re: water pressure drop
Author: srloren (CA)

You should install a pressure regulator to get the house pressure below 80 PSI. But you may have another problem with the sizing of the copper installation. Possibly they reduced to 1/2" too soon and you are not getting enough volume through the pipes. If the piping is sized correctly you will not see the pressure drop so much. Another thing you should consider, if the piping is under the slab, you may want to repipe above the ceiling to prevent having leaks you would be unaware of. Do you have an attic to repipe into?

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.