Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Replacing slip joint nut
Author: jrhall (NY)

Hi there, I am attempting to replace the slip joint nut under my kitchen sink. The old one essentially disintegrated and broke off. I bought the replacement piece however I realized that I can't get the nut onto my copper pipe because the dishwasher waste nib is in the way. How can I replace the nut then?

Re: Replacing slip joint nut
Author: danphurl (MN)

Not sure what the issue is. You may need to take a photo and show us. If you haven't done this before, it's (sort of) easy to do if you follow the directions. You probably need to take out the entire trap (disconnect from dishwasher hose) and then put on the new nut and re-install it all.

Author: packy (MA)

they do make a 2 piece slip nut but you'll be better off changing the whole dishwasher tailpiece.

danphurl , a direct connect dishwasher tailpiece would cause that problem.. see my post below..

Author: m & m (MD)

The nut is "captive" so you just replace the entire dishwasher tailpiece.

Author: hj (AZ)

From your description, you CANNOT. You need a new tailpiece with a dishwasher "nub" and a "captive" slip nut. (fairly rare, however)

i use the direct connect tailpiece whenever there is no disposer.
and, as i said in my response, a 2 piece slip nut will work..

Author: hj (AZ)

If you can find one. I have not seen one, in a store or supply house, in decades

Author: bernabeu (SC)

Danco Perfect Match 9D00088495 Slip Joint Nut And Washer-1-1/2" NUT & WASHER

[www.essentialhardware.com]

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.