Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Toilet leaked through basement ceiling
Author: pj123 (RI)

Hi- I just found a water leak (more like outpouring) from my basement ceiling. First floor bathroom was clogged and when I saw it, water was not overflowing but the toilet was full of water and there was some water on the floor too (not only around the base of the toilet but all over the floor). My son had used it about 15 minutes back so the entire thing may have gone for not more than 15-20 mins. I turned off the flush water knob and that stopped the leakage through the basement. I am not sure if it's the overflowed water (from toilet/ from flush tank?) through the crack between the wall and tiles or if it's the wax seal at the toilet base. I have previously never seen any water leakage in my basement ceiling with regular flushing etc. Water seemed clean without any odor but I am not sure what to do next? My question is more about the water leakage that happened through the ceiling- do I replace the toilet wax seal or caulk the wall and floor junction- Any suggestion would be highly appreciated!

Edited 1 times.

Re: Toilet leaked through basement ceiling
Author: packy (MA)

try a plunger..

Re: Toilet leaked through basement ceiling

Edited 1 times.

Thank you for your response smile

Hi, thank you for your response. My question is more about the water leakage that happened through the ceiling- do I replace the toilet wax seal or caulk the wall and floor junction for future prevention. Also when I used plunger, it cleared up but was backed up with next flush. Snake wire did not do much. All other toilets are working fine. What would be next step for unclogging the toilet- thanks!

Edited 1 times.

Re: Thank you for your response smile
Author: packy (MA)

toilet auger..

Re: Thank you for your response smile
Author: bernabeu (SC)

toilet auger

[www.plumbingsupply.com]

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.