Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Shower head recommendations for low supply pressure?
Author: DaveMill (CA)

Recently moved into a mountain home, neighborhood water is supplied from a tank uphill. Our home is at the top of the hill, thus has the lowest water pressure.

Everything seems to work, but showers are not as satisfying as they could be. I'm looking for recommendations for specific shower heads that work best in low pressure situations?

Thank you.

Re: Shower head recommendations for low supply pressure?
Author: m & m (MD)

Removing the restrictor from the neck of any shower head should improve the volume.

Re: Shower head recommendations for low supply pressure?
Author: RRWA (WA)

Look on Amazon for "LDR 502 1100 Water Saving Showerhead with Push Button Flow Control, Chrome Plated Brass"
[ecx.images-amazon.com]
This style will give the sense of "more pressure", however the spray pattern is small.

I like this one myself: "American Standard 8888.075.002 Easy Clean Showerhead, Polished Chrome"
[ecx.images-amazon.com]

Removing the flow limiter as mentioned above is a good idea. However if you like long showers, you may need to buy a larger water heater since you will quickly dispense all the hot water.

Another idea: You can install a booster pump and tank to increase your pressure.

Also: Measure your water pressure and post the reading.

Edited 2 times.

Update: Awesome shower head for low supply pressure
Author: DaveMill (CA)

Thanks for the advice and pointers in my recent posting. [www.plbg.com]

After researching the recommended shower heads, I purchased the Delta Water Amplifying Shower Head 75152 with H20 Kinetic Technology. That may sound like a lot of hype, but it works.

The water in the previous Grohe shower head never reached within 18 inches of the back wall. The new shower head soaks the back wall, and the shower feels amazing. I did remove the flow restrictor washer before installing both, knowing that even running the shower with no head we weren't using too much water.

I posted photos with my Amazon review here: [www.amazon.com]

Edited 2 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.