Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Toilet ring under the rim and need a stopper to plus toilet drain
Author: pdrunk (CA)

So...
I've got a stubborn stain along the inside of the top rim of the toilet. I have used Super Iron Out to get at it which would work fine, but I can't keep the water up to the rim for the whole 15 minutes. In fact, all of it goes down the drain. I tried stopping it up with a towel and a 4 or 5" flat stopper but the toilet drain is an odd shape. I've tried stuffing a plastic bag full of a pebbles into it even and still the water drains. How can I keep the water level up for the full 15 minutes. I have a picture of the toilet drain, but I don't have a site that I can host it from, so if you are seriously going to help me, I can send you the pic It's kind of oval shaped. Any way, any help will do. Thanks.

Re: Toilet ring under the rim and need a stopper to plus toilet drain
Author: steve (CA)

You need an inflatable test balloon. Possibly with the toilet installed, for sure it would work with the toilet removed. How about soaking a sponge with the iron-out and use whatever stick to prop the sponge against the offending area(moving the sponge to adjoining area as needed)?

Author: pdrunk (CA)

My next step was to just soak the stains in super iron out with a scrubbie and letting it sit for 15 min., but what kind of inflatable test balloons are you talking about? Where can I get one? Inquiring minds, you know.

Author: m & m (MD)

You should be able to remove the stain easily with a strip of 'plumbers cloth' or emery paper. Squirt some 'Soft Scrub' cleaner on it and apply plenty of elbow grease. Don't try this on any other fixture except a toilet.

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

Google Cherne Test Plugs

Best Wishes

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.