Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 no flange on toilet
Author: bspence (Non-US)

So i was pulling out my old t oiler to replace and found that not only was there no toilet flange installed, but the rough in is 11 inches. I have 4" inside diameter PVC coming up to the floor. The wax ring was just put down onto of the PVC and they had drilled the anchor holes into the concrete floor. the old model was chinese and there were no parts available, that is why I was swapping it out. So based on what I have read, I need to get to a 3" diameter and install an offset toilet flange. My problem is the 4" PVC coming up. I don't see any toilet flanges or offset flanges that will work with 4". Any help or ideas would be great, even if the right answer is call in a plumber.

Thanks

Re: no flange on toilet
Author: Jbwither97 (LA)

Get a 10" rough in toilet and you won't have to bust any concrete. Any plumbing supply house or Home Depot has a toilet flange for 4" PVC.

Edited 2 times.

Author: packy (MA)

look down inside the pipe. how long is the vertical pipe. you can easily see the bottom of it as it fits into an elbow below? of course it might be a street elbow also. this means the end of the elbow you see is male.
if there is enough pipe there, you can use an inside pipe cutter to cut off enough so you can push one of these into the pipe. you are gonna need a few inches to do this.

Not a difficult fix
Author: KCRoto (MO)

You may be able to install a Toto Drake without moving the pipe or making adjustments. Although it is listed as a 12 inch center, it stands off the wall 1.25 inches.[assets.totousa.com] You can install a brass flange straight to the floor if you really wanted, or install a 3-4" pvc flange.

There is about 7 " down before the elbow starts

Unfortunately, Guam does not have the best selection. I was at Home Depot and all they had was 12" and no offset flanges.

Author: srloren (CA)

Get the Toto Drake if your measurements are accurate or find an 11" rough from a non-home depot source.

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

If you have 11" from the baseboard moulding, a 12" toilet will fit.

Author: packy (MA)

i just did a owner supplied home depot brand toilet (glacier bay).. it was a comfort height 12 inch rough. i had 11 1/4 inches to work with. of course i explained to the homeowner and she said the house was going on the market and she wasn't fussy. well it fit but the tank was smack against the wall. to install the tank i had to loosen the bowl i just tightened, tighten the tank with the bowl lifted up at the back so it tipped forward then force it down slightly. not one of my best jobs ....

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.