Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Unknown Kitchen Faucet Make/Model
Author: gergs11 (NY)

We have a kitchen faucet/sprayer combo which first became difficult to switch from regular to spray and back and now it has completely fallen off and is no longer usable at all. We need to replace the faucet/sprayer tip as soon as possible as we don't have water anywhere else downstairs. The problem is we have no idea what the make or model is. We purchased this from Lowe's in the Spring of 2008. So far, no manufacturers have been able to identify either make/model. Are you able to figure out anything from these photos? Is there any other detail we can provide?

Thanks in advance for the help!

[www.dropbox.com]
[www.dropbox.com]
[www.dropbox.com]

Re: Unknown Kitchen Faucet Make/Model
Author: bernabeu (SC)

physically bring the faucet into a Lowes and politely insist/demand a replacement

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Edited 1 times.

Author: gergs11 (NY)

I'm not opposed to being a demanding customer but this is a 7 year old faucet. Surely Lowe's wouldn't replace something that old. They'd refer me to the manufacturer who remains a mystery.

Author: KCRoto (MO)

go under the cabinet and push the sprayer hose back up through the faucet and see if something is broken or has come unscrewed, and what piece it is. It may be as simple as a replacement head that can be installed.

Aquasource
Author: steve (CA)

is what I'm putting my money on.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

They'd refer me to the manufacturer .....

smiling smiley

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Re: Aquasource
Author: Fixitangel (NC)

Agree with Steve; it appears to be of the "Aquasource-Glacier Bay-Pegasus" family of cheap chinese mass produced overseas faucets made for private label big box distribution. My experience with these types is to simply take the old part to the store and find the closest match, ask the clerk if you can open the box and test-fit the piece. If it fits, just buy the whole faucet and rob the parts you need. The whole thing sells for about a hundred. You can go nuts trying to find replacement parts for these things, and if you DO get lucky and find them online, pay S&H, and factor in what you time is worth, it's often cheaper just to rob parts, or just Rpl the whole thing.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.