Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Delta vs Moen valves for two fixed showers and a hand-held over a tub
Author: bj99 (VT)

To have one fixed shower head and tub and hand-held shower on one valve with one temperature, and another fixed shower head be able to control its own temp (but the valve on the same wall as the others, for access to plumbing), and to have adequate flow to fill a 70-gal tub before the first water has started to cool down:

Does this sound like it would work, or can you recommend a better idea (one that is more cost-effective, less confusing, etc)?

DELTA
Thermostatic valve R10000 UNWSHF (recommended by sales rep, although I am not sure why, since the web site says it is for shower only)
Diverter R1100
Trim in 1700T series for best flow (do we really need that much, or is it unnecessary expense?)
A set of valve and trim from 1300 or 1400 series, since we don't need a diverter nor high flow.
This makes us have different handles and might be confusing to kids or guests. Plus, I still need to know what valve we need before I select the trim kit.

Our plumber prefers Delta and Moen due to ease of repairs and getting parts, but Moen was looking pretty expensive and their website is very confusing, plus, I can't tell that they have any high flow products, and don't know how long it will take to fill the tub. The reason I am not jumping on Delta is that on a Delta trim kit that cost over $300, I saw a Q + A where the customer said her tub spout felt like plastic, and Moen responded that it is non-metallic. I care more about the fixture feeling durable and fitting into the is older home, than about getting extra functions in the shower head.

MOEN
The Moen rep was talking about having an exact temp valve (S3371, $467) and four separate handles (S3600 at $118 each): one for each shower head and for the tub. That was sounding really busy to me, as well as very expensive, and didn't give temp control to the other shower. Also, they didn't have anything about high flow, so I am not sure how long it will take to fill the tub. To have separate temp control for the other fixed shower head, she recommended a Moentrol (3570). She said you choose the valve you want first, and When I selected Moentrol valve and Chrome, all three choices had 1/2" connections and were well over $300, and this was for the simple end!

We have 3/4" pipe coming into the room now, branching off a 1" pipe.

I tried to add this to an older post on a similar topic, but I am not sure the site let me post. More people will see it new, anyway.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.