Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Re: Moen to Pfister trim
Author: Shellyisme (OR)

Hi, I currently have a standard Moen valve in the shower (thanks to plbg.com for helping ID hat) and the fixture was a pull for water, turn for temp, push to turn water off. I bought a Pfister one handle fixture with universal adapters. My problem is whenever I try to screw in the handle it turns the water on.
Can I use this trim or do I have to take it back for another Moen trim set?

Edited 2 times.

Author: hj (AZ)

You are leaving out a spacer, (and maybe a longer screw), so when you tighten the screw it pulls the stem out. Look at the instructions for the Moen valve, because you have many pieces that you do not need, but some you do.

I'm pretty sure I'm using the right pieces and spacer. Is it possible that the valve is too deep in the wall? I hope not but if so, do you have any idea if it's there's a way to make this work without tearing into the wall.
Here's the spacer:

Here's the adapter. Is it too far back?

Author: hj (AZ)

I do not have the instructions for that kit, so I cannot address whether there are any other parts you should use. Call 1-800-BUY-MOEN and ask them to send you a 1" extension.

Thank you for your help. smiling smiley

I went to the plumbing supply company and they said to call Moen too. When I got back home I remembered that we have a tight access panel that opens behind shower! Hubby got an arm in there, removed brackets, pushed valve forward, replaced brackets (not as easy as it sounds). All went smoothly after that!
Thank you for your help though.

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.