Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 American Standard Bathtub Faucet - No water at all
Author: danielcook604 (WA)

Hi there,

I just bought a condominium a few weeks ago and moved in and everything was working with no issues. I have two bathrooms and in one bathroom, which is, having the issue there is a separate shower unit and bathtub with a single faucet (no shower). Water was working completely fine yesterday evening then all of a sudden while the water was coming out it shut off completely! No water is coming out however its working fine on the separate shower unit and bathroom sinks. The building is only 5 years old so I doubt its any issues with the plumbing so I am thinking it is either a pressure valve or cartridge. Can anyone help? I thought if it is a failed cartridge I would still be getting either hot or cold water.

Re: American Standard Bathtub Faucet - No water at all
Author: packy (MA)

a pressure balancing valve will do that. if you lose hot or cold it can shut down the flow.
the question is why did you lose either hot or cold so quickly ???

Author: hj (AZ)

A stuck balancing unit would just shut off one side or the other. IF there is NO pressure on one side or the other, then it will shut off all flow.

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

We don't know which brand of showervalve you have and that is important.

Pull the cartridge and turn on the hot water. What happens?

Best Wishes

Author: hj (AZ)

I believe "AMerican Standeard" IS a brand.

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

My air/error. Just remove a cartridge and turn on the water. Check each cartridge at a time.
Best Wishes

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.