Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 1 or 2 hot water tank
Author: ish17 (NY)

I'm having a whirlpool tub 77-102 capacity plus 5 tubs and 4 washing machine my plumber thinks 100 or 120 gallon tank is enough of was wondering if it is enough. Also is 1 tank better than 2 or it doesn't make a difference? (regarding if there's a problem)
Appreciate your help.

Re: 1 or 2 hot water tank
Author: packy (MA)

i always defer to the manufacturer if there is a doubt about sizing a water heater.
find out the brand heater the plumber wants to install and contact that company's engineering department. give them your specs and intended usage and they will tell you what you need.
there is no charge and it will be done correctly...

Author: hj (AZ)

If your "load" is correct, then you may need TWO 100 gallon tanks to get the recovery you need.

Author: george 7941 (Canada)

I don't have any experience with large capacity water heaters but is there anything in the original post that indicates whether it is a electric or gas heater? Should we not know that before we can meaningfully discuss recovery rates?

Author: hj (AZ)

Since I have never seen a 120 gallon gas water heater the assumption would be that it is electric.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.