Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Need help identifying faucet and part
Author: sevin7 (GA)

*** UPDATE 12/30/2014 ***

Thanks for all of the quick responses!
‘hj’ from Arizona suggested that this is a Kohler similar to the K-16102, which led me to Kohler’s website where I finally found it! It’s a Kohler K-T16119-4A-CP [www.us.kohler.com]. I’m awaiting a response from Kohler support to get me the exact part I need. Thanks everyone!

** Original Post ***

An adapter inside of the handle for my faucet broke, and I don't know how to get replacement part because I don't even know who manufactured the faucet (It was in the house before I bought it).

This is the broken part (It used to be a single piece, but it broke in half)

This is the faucet (for identification), the pictured hand shower is a replacement part (another photo contains the original hand shower)

The original hand shower that came with it, which is why I believe this is a delta faucet, but delta support doesn't think it belongs to them.

Side view of the original hand shower (for identification)

Edited 2 times.

Re: Need help identifying faucet and part
Author: packy (MA)

how does the handle detach from the stem?
i want to say kohler???

Author: m & m (MD)

It is definitely not Delta, although the hand spray is (replacement). I am leaning Kohler, possibly Danze.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

if the broken part is brass it can be brazed (very very carefully) together and restored

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

i brazed pipes for almost 7 years at the navy yard. i consider myself pretty good.
i don't think i could line up the splines perfectly and braze that back together.

Author: hj (AZ)

Well, since that is a Kohler Men's Lav and Kohler uses a "bushing" like that give a lot of possible handle positions, I would say it is Kohler, similar to a K-16102 but with a spray, but would have to do some checking since that is not a common design for the faucet for that lav.

Edited 2 times.

oh, hj

since when did the mens lav come in 60 inch size and 18 inches deep?
metez vos lunettes.
that is a deep tub...
anyway, i thought the mens lav came with the square handle triton faucet with a side sprayer on the right??

Author: bernabeu (SC)

packy,

it's broken now

seems to me the 'spur' at the break may help with alignment along with a small vise

the OP could bring it to a jeweler

worth a 'try'

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Re: oh, hj
Author: hj (AZ)

Probably correct, but the "adapter" is a Kohler feature converting a "small" stem to the larger broach on the handle. They used a couple of different faucet models.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.