Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Sewage leak?
Author: jdub (OR)

We recently rented a house, and while working on the dryer vent (which was vented down into the crawl space), someone flushed the toilet above. Water? came pouring into the crawl space down around the toilet sewage drain. The property management company replaced the toilet, which was a "4 bolt design" with only 2 of them bolted down, and removed large amounts of debris (insulation, wood, vent pipe) from only about 10 feet back into the crawl space, put down lime and covered it in plastic. Should i be worried about contamination under the house from sewage in addition to mold from dryer condensation and saturatiin if all the loose material under there? I have 4 small children and i'm worried about moving them in if there's a potential health hazard.

Re: Sewage leak?
Author: bernabeu (SC)

if you are renting

run

run as soon as you can

run as far as you can

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: KCRoto (MO)

If it were me I might just report it to the local housing authority while I was running away

Author: packy (MA)

if the crawl space has a fresh air vent, i would not worry about it.

Thanks a lot for the advice everyone! thumbs
Author: jdub (OR)

We have notice in with the property management company, waiting for what they offer to do about this. Are there any specifics i can request of them to cover my bases? I get the feeling they're going to go slum-lord on me and deny that there's a problem, and if there was, that they fixed it already. In which case, because of my lease, i'm guessing i'll have to go through the health department and rental code enforcement with the city. Thanks a lot for the advice everyone!

Edited 2 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.