Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Gerber toilet repair
Author: rspohn (KS)

Thank you in advance for anything that will help me on this. I unfortunately got involved in the repair of a Gerber toilet. Apparently the flush valve was leaking, and the owner bought and installed a Fluidmaster 400AKR complete repair kit. The fill valve is fine, but as I'm sure you already anticipate, I cannot find a tank to bowl gasket that will seal correctly. I've bought a generic "double thick" gasket of some kind from Home Depot, and a Danco Tank-to-Bowl kit for Gerber toilets from Westlake Hardware, but neither are the correct solution. I've checked plumbingsupply.com, and the flush valve assembly that came out of the toilet resembles the 99-652 part number. I'm ready to simply buy the proper Gerber Flush valve assembly with the correct associated gasket, but the main point of confusion now is the tank number of the toilet. It is AAA 88 0526 01, which does not show up anywhere in the tank number lists on the Gerber parts page [www.plumbingsupply.com].

Can anyone tell me what is going on? Thanks.

Re: Gerber toilet repair
Author: m & m (MD)

Did you scroll on down the page and have a look at the tank-to-bowl gaskets?

Author: rspohn (KS)

Yes I certainly did, but I still don't see any reference to the tank number that I am asking about.

Author: Paul48 (CT)

Do you see Gerber anywhere in the tank? Did someone replace the tank?

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.