Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 free moen parts
Author: packy (MA)

just got a call from a customer.
she has a leaking moen single handle faucet about 7-8 years old that is leaking from the top.
i told her to call moen for free parts.
moen told her they would send her a whole faucet for 55 dollars.
this is a single handle, pull out spray in satin finish.
sells for about 200 at home depot.
how are we supposed to make a living if companies are litterally giving away faucets?

Re: free moen parts
Author: cvcman (NY)

weird..I called them about my single handle kitchen faucet and they sent me a brand new one free....they didnt have the same model but let me choose one....

Author: m & m (MD)

Hmmmm.....I'm thinking my Moen lav faucet is looking pretty ragged. thinking

Author: bernabeu (SC)

get a kohler ..... they NEVER look ragged

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: rickyjames123 (Non-US)

-

Post deleted by forum monitor

Edited 1 times.

Author: Fixitangel (NC)

Quote:"how are we supposed to make a living if companies are litterally giving away faucets?"

The same way you did when they took your advice and got free parts. SERVICE. smiling smiley

Author: hj (AZ)

I often get new faucets from various companies when the old ones have failed. At least you get the fee for removing the old one and replacing it. However, since the faucet had a lifetime warranty, any parts they needed would have been furnished anyway, so you would not have sold those either.

Maybe not, but I am calling them today about replacing a customer's faucet.

Author: sum (FL)

wish I could call up Jeep and tell them my air conditioner's blower motor failed and they send me a new car.

They might if you can convince them that your Jeep, and the new one, is only worth 150.00 bucks.

Author: capt14k (NJ)

Usually Moen won't send entire faucet. I also have never heard of them charging for anything other than expedite shipping. I have had customers get an entire faucet in parts from Moen, but never a whole new faucet. I hope they aren't doing such a thing. By the way Packy I tried to contact you on old post regarding 3/4" fine threaded fittings. Hopefully you see this and can help me out

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.