Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Maybe Not a Caroma...
Author: Rick Laser (CA)

I went to a large appliance store today to look at Caroma toilets. The guy told me that Caroma is re-engineering their toilets now since they were not selling. He said they are hard to get right now. He echoed your concerns about how it attaches to the floor. So maybe a Caroma is out.

He recommended the Toto Ultramax II. What do you think of that one?

As I reminder, I am the guy whose son poops basketballs.

Thanks.

Re: Maybe Not a Caroma...
Author: packy (MA)

Toto Drake would be my choice.

How is the Drake better than the Ultima II?

i put 5 into a mexican restaurant in gloucester,MA a few years ago.
they NEVER clog..
plus, the drake is way cheaper than the ultramax..

Re: Maybe Not a Caroma...REPOST
Author: dada (IA)

Rick - I posted the below quite a while back. Still holds true to this day. Only complaint is the seat lid is real flimsy - Dada
------------
My teenage son’s (massive) solid waste would often clog our toilet and we would have to resort to plunging to make matters pass. We’ve learned to pack a small plunger when we go out of town. We installed an American Standard Champion 4 over a year ago and we have not had a clog since! It has been able to handle every delivered meatloaf.
------------

Author: YourPlumbingSolutions (CA)

Toto is a great buy

Author: YourPlumbingSolutions (CA)

The Drake is a two piece toilet and the ultra Max is a one piece. From my experience two piece toilets flush better. I feel it has something to do with the amount of water that is being held in the tank. When you make your purchase make sure you request Sana gloss. This coating on the porcelain will help it stay clean. I also prefer the soft close seat, there about 25 dollars more but worth it especially if you have kids. Hahaha!! Good luck I hope this helps.

Ultima II or Ultramax II ?
Author: steve (CA)

According to the MaP flush test, the Ultramax II flushes >=500, where the Drake is >1000.
The MaP test doesn't show an "Ultima II" toilet.

Re: Ultima II or Ultramax II ?
Author: Paul48 (CT)

steve.......do they have any in the 5 lb range?

Author: waukeshaplumbing (WI)

id try to find a 1.6 gpf Drake

I have one in my master bath and it rarely plugs (and I eat a lot)

id also look at the Kohler Cimerron 1.6 ....I sell a ton of them

also look into the Drake II...I believe that has the double cyclone flusher which helps the cleaning of the bowl

cheaper option----change your kids diet!
salad, fruit, no junk food, smaller portions

In California we are stuck with toilets that flush no more than 1.28 gallons per flush. Is there a Drake that does that?

the drake 2 flushes on 1.28 gallons. it also has sanigloss.

Thanks to all!!

Thanks to all!!

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.