Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Mixet shower handle problems, please help
Author: elbryann (AZ)

So I had two showers that were constantly dripping water. I went and got a new cartridge and mixet handles. I shut off the water, took off the flow control dial, then the temp control dial, and removed the housing bolt then took out the old cartridge. I then replaced the new cartridge and put on the new temp and flow control dials.

here are my problems:

1) the temp control dial will spin for days. it is so loose if u flicked it, it would spin half around or more. This is not the biggest problem, but as you adjust the flow control it moves the temperature dial. Any ideas on how to fix this?

2) When I open up the the flow control dial, if i open it up all the way the water will not get hot. If i close is half way it will get hot. the pressure is decent so again not the end of the world, but why in the hell is this happening?

3) least of all when i go to tighten the flow control dial i need to crank it decently hard to stop the water from dripping. this is a new cartridge, and dial so not sure why I need to hold the temp dial and crank this one so hard.

Thank you in advance with any help.

Re: Mixet shower handle problems, please help
Author: sozoal (CA)

you've somehow managed to 'expand' the cartridge while installing. Remove and start again, stem should be at its shortest length when installing and should not turn when you install the threaded bonnet. there is also an 'up' mark on the white plastic that should face up when the cartridge is installed. Inside the threaded bonnet there should be brass washer, plastic washer, brass washer in that order. once cartridge is installed turn on water and check for leaks BEFORE putting trim plate back on. The temp control on these should never be adjusted with the cartridge turned off, always turn on water and make adjustment to temp.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.