Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 questions about new dishwashers
Author: cappy26 (TX)

I have a couple of questions about dishwashers. To anyones knowledge, is there a dishwasher on the market where you are still able to connect the water supply to it with hard-line copper AND not have to use that 'garden hose' type of elbow. I have looked at several manufacturers and have not been able to find one. If there is not a dishwasher like that in the current market, does anyone have any idea where I can purchase a NEW 'old-stock' dishwasher that would meet those needs? The reason for all of this is that I am not interested in using braided water lines, and even though I could probably still connect my copper lines to some of the 90 degree elbows, I am not interested in having to use the 'garden hose' type of connection that the elbow has when it connects to the dishwasher. Does anyone know of a dishwasher manufacturer that has a metal-based water intake valve/solenoid as opposed to the plastic ones that I see in all of the dishwasher replacement parts listings? I was hoping that someone may be able to offer some suggestions! Thanks!

Re: questions about new dishwashers
Author: packy (MA)

i honestly can't tell you the last time i used soft copper to tie in a dishwasher feed.
i have used braided supplies to connect to both the old stlye 3/8 male x 3/8 compression 90 and the newer stlye 3/8 compression x female hose 90. i have never had a failure.
i suppose if you wanted, you might be able to buy a dishwasher and buy an old stlye replacement solenoid valve and swap them.
as long as the wire connected properly, the outlet connection is only a hose clamp. you don't even need to bolt it in place, just secure it with tie wraps. it isn't going anywhere..

Edited 1 times.

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

I installed a Bosch the other day that still had the old style solenoid valve. I'd say that it been around 20 years or more since I used copper for a dishwasher. Braided flex lines is what I use.

Packy - Thanks for your response.

Edited 1 times.

North Carolina Plumber - I noticed when looking online at the various dishwashers that Bosch, and some high-end dishwashers, come with what I assume is either PEX or a braided line already attached to the dishwasher (no elbow), and that you connect up the line that is supplied. Do you know if, on the Bosch, I were to remove the line that comes connected to the dishwasher what type of fitting is left there on the inlet valve. Maybe it would be something I could connect to with an all copper situation. Thanks for your response and help!

Author: m & m (MD)

The few Bosch dishwashers that I have installed have the 3/8" tapped valve.

Author: packy (MA)

I haven't seen a 3/8 solenoid in many years.
of course I don't supply the dishwasher so I really don't know if they can be ordered that way.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.