Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Faucet help
Author: rayh78 (VA)

Just put in a new delta kitchen faucet.
Delta Lewiston 21902LF

Problem is wife wants the puralator water filter back on that we had on old faucet.
I did not notice until after I installed that this Delta has like a recessed areator. And the knuckle at the end of the spout does not unscrew. Cant find a fitting that will work to use the water filter. Almost like what I need is about a 3/4" nipple with the areator threads on it.

Any suggestions, since the next step is uninstall and return the faucet for a different model.

thanks

Re: Faucet help
Author: Wheelchair (IL)

I'd call Delta's Hotline, as they are the manufacturer of that faucet and can assist you with spouts and adapters.

Best Wishes

Edited 1 times.

Author: Paul48 (CT)

The filter probably came with the necessary adapter, and you didn't need it, so you filed it.I'd contact the filter manufacturer. Tell them what you have now, and let them set you up.I doubt the faucet manufacturer will be able to tell you what you need, nor do they care.

Author: pzqk7j (AZ)

Cut your losses and take the fixture back along with your wife to where you purchased it. Than ask her to partiipate in the decision making process to find a suitable replacement. smile

Author: rayh78 (VA)

Had saved the box and all the standard adaptors that come with the filter
Call Delta they did not have a solution. Sort of a recessed areator that you have to use the supplied delta tool to take out.
Call PUR filter and they were sort of helpful.
Said they do have extra longer adaptors that they will send for free that may work. But 2 to 3 weeks.
Gave up took faucet back to lowes. Went to Ferguson’s ( plumbing sply house) I do have an account, don’t use much for rental properties.

Anyway, only 2 handle Delta they had was a 2476 LHP. And handles H25 which you had to buy separate.

Worked out OK, since wanted to get this over with before going out of town.
I know this is not the norm. But I will mention the Lowes model was $60.00 cheaper and in this case seemed a much better faucet than what Ferguson’s had in stock.
I could feel the weight was definitely heaver and had a better gasket to the deck. And the base was not as flimsy.

Author: Fixitangel (NC)

I can't stand those spout mounted filters. For about even money, I have a single canister 'whole house' filter unit on the cold side in line with the faucet, mounted under the sink. Advantages: It has a clear housing, I can SEE when it needs changing. Charcoal based rpl filters are widely available and not expensive, and I can put ANY type of faucet on the deck. No buttons to push or levers to twist. Just open the cold side of the faucet and it's filtered. Filtered Water flow rate is excellent. Works for me.

Edited 3 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.