Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Danze Shower system VS Grohe
Author: remodgal (FL)

I am about to remodel my bathroom and would like to install a shower system...I am considering Grohe or Danze (Danze being more economical, does it mean it isn't as reliable?) I need a 3/4 thermo valve, and volume controls to install a shower, 3 body jets, a handshower and an overhead rain shower--but will NOT necessarily use them all at once...I have been getting prices for the rough-in valves and the trims and the Grohe is pretty expensive compared to the DAnze---I am putting the question out there to all of you who know more than I do--in case anyone has a preference over the two brands or has had a good/bad experience with either.THANKS!!

Re: Danze Shower system VS Grohe
Author: waukeshaplumbing (WI)

why did you choose those 2 brand names?.

they are both the last ones id choose

Grohe is expensive, made of ALOT OF PLASTIC and parts are not very available...i did a Grohe shower a few months ago and i was shocked how cheap the trim parts were...

Danze is a 2nd tier product. Ive never been very impressed with anything of theirs...its cheap and clunky...the finish screws for the trim dont even look like finish screws....i quit using Danze years ago because of parts problems and also constant design changes...i think their WP tub mixer changed 3x in 1 year....i wouldnt install Danze in my house

my first choice would be Kohler....2nd choice would be Moen

I worked with Hans Grohe recently and was somewhat impressed.....i still dont know why it costs so much..it was a little less cheap feeling than Grohe

Author: hj (AZ)

Waukesha's answer will show you why you have asked a question it is impossible to answer. No matter which brand of a faucet you choose, there will be plumber's who think it is the best one made, while others would not touch it with a 10 foot pole. I would NOT recommend Kohler, although is his first choice.

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

Are you looking for form or function? How often with the shower unit be used with what kind of water? Down the road when your shower requires OEM replacement parts and components, where will you be able to obtain them. Almost anything will work to your satisfaction, but somethings which cost a lot of money looks better when you are not using the shower, if you want to impress guests. If money is no object, then look to the future of something that is electronic metering and temperature sensitive like..... ToTo. Granted, it will cost you a bundle and then some but you will have function as well.

Best Wishes

Kohler will be the highest quality (especially compared to Danze or Plastic Grohe)

Kohler will get you parts the same day for any of the valves needed

Kohler will be less than Grohe

Kohler is not always the best engineering, but for this system i think they are the perfect choice...the DTV would be the ideal choice...no one can touch it

Author: dlh (TX)

waukes, if you dont live next door to their plant you wont necessarily get parts the next day.

and you are naive if you think they are the highest quality. they are no better or worse than any number of other manufacturers

- - - - - - -

PLUMBERS "Protecting The Health Of The Nation"

i can get valve parts for the standard Kohler Thermostatic valve tomorrow from at least 3 sources

can you get parts for Grohe or Danze Thermostatic valves in a month?

no one will stock either...Kohler they will stock

Moen is good too...

i think Kohler physically is the highest quality you can get....engineering wise no....their toilets do say made in Mexico now, so maybe the toilets arent the best(i push Toto for Wc's)....but the valves are great

does anyone like Grohe or Danze for a shower system?>...ill bet not too many

Author: LemonPlumber (FL)

Grohe is less tolerant so be sure it is installed with no mistakes.The danze many I have installed divertor tub shower only.and their trim is more forgiving but has not lasted as long.If the price alone bother s you,moen has products that you sure could use.If your buying from the looks of the trim.grohe is the bed I would lay you in.

Author: hj (AZ)

I can get Grohe or Danze parts in a couple hours. Forget about getting Kohler in less than a week.

Author: dlh (TX)

ditto

- - - - - - -

PLUMBERS "Protecting The Health Of The Nation"

Author: remodgal (FL)

THANK YOU all for the variety of the replies....I thought Moen only made a shower system that is already in a set or "kit"...
can one make up a custom made system by Moen?
Like buying the thermostatic valves and the volume control valves?

also, it is not only looks i am worried about but functionality and service down the road....seems like Kohler ellicits controversy about quality in some of you....Toto and Hans Grohe are very expensive,you would think one could do a kind of efficient shower system without ripping the wallet!

Yes! moen customer service would also help.[1 800 buy moen]or moenfaucets .com ask for sales!

you wouldnt have issues with Kohler, but because of their engineering i can definitely see issues the others have with them...i am almost exclusively Kohler and almost never have call backs....when i open a faucet box i know its right...Moen/Delta seem to come missing parts or damaged 1 out of 15 times

anyways

Thermostatic valve: Moen 3371 $382 (list)
Volume control : Moen 3600 $97(list)

you can buy a kit or by themselves...you choose...the kits make it easy for the homeowner

Kohler thermosataic K-699-ks $473
Kohler volume : K-671-k $89

i feel comfortable putting either in my home....Danze,Grohe,A.S. Definately not!!!

Danze may have improved over the years...i gave up on them 6 years ago...i see them as B-grade
maybe they have solved the parts issues and finally stopped redesigning valves 3x a year..i install them 1-2 x a year, but i dont see any improvement to the quality...they are bulky, but the trim is not very refined

when you need a Danze,Grohe,A.S. repaired will the service guy have parts in his van? i sure dont (but im not really a service guy either).....around here i know the service guys would have Moen or Kohler.. .Moen is probably the most popular brand in my area w/ Kohler being a close 2nd

waulk the grohe and danze it is true.I do not carry repair parts.the kohler and moen I do.I would not want to say why.;

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.