Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Tankless remote control error message (Paloma 7.4)
Author: frankyb (CA)

I bought a Paloma 7.4 tankless 3 years ago. Model PTG-74XN-2.

It just stopped working recently... I get error messages on the remote control such as flashing "C7 & 76". I tried bypassing the remote... it worked for a few minutes then nothing. I reconnect the remote and it works for a gallon or so then goes to error message. It was nice when it was working... but on and off problems escalating to pretty much won't work any more has me disappointed.

Anyone know who can fix in the Los Angeles area? Do I need a replacement remote control? Is this a common thing... Most inconvenient.

Thanks in advance, Frank

Re: Tankless remote control error message (Paloma 7.4)
Author: steve_g (CA)

You can find a distributor on Paloma's web site:

[www.palomatankless.com]

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

I've found conflicting reasons for a error code 76. One states that the problem is the wiring to the remote or the remote itself. Since you bypassed it and still have trouble I think the troble is the the burner control assembly , which is another reported reason for an error code 76. I read that they had increased the warranty on the BCA . Call and see what they have to say.

Author: LemonPlumber (FL)

Let us know what happens or needs to be repaired.Please.I see flow control inlet screen as a possibility.Have you had this unit cleansed, during this use period?

I called tech support at Paloma/Rheem (866) 369-4786. They told me that a flashing 76 is a circuit board failure. The flashing C7, C8 or C4 etc before the 76 is just where in the cycle the failure is occurring.

A temporary fix is disconnecting the remote. This will give you a few days possibly of use until a replacement board arrives. If the board is too far gone, bypassing may not work.

The good news is that the unit is under warranty. I bought it 3 years ago. Apparently they get many calls for defective boards. The new board they are shipping has been upgraded and they say it will not fail.

I'll post back after it has been installed. They express mailed the replacement board and had a local installer contact me already for installation. No charge!

I'll see how it goes and report back.

Frank

Edited 1 times.

Next day new circuit board arrived. Rheem/Paloma hired a company to come out and swap it out the following day after that. Very fast, very professional. No charge to me AND... the tech adjusted my system so it can heat hotter than the previous maximum of 120°. Now it goes to 140°.

I had a problem. They fixed the problem.

-Frank in Los Angeles

Author: LemonPlumber (FL)

Thank you Franky!

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.