Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Powerflush model#S1101
Author: jazzbilly (TN)

Just a quick question,

I have a basement and we were contemplating putting in a half bath, or a bath with a shower. So anyway we was at Lowes laugh (love Lowes) and they gave me a brochure on the Powerflush model# S1101, it looks like a really great idea, but being that they want to sell it they really wouldn't say anything about what can go wrong, So I was wondering if anyone has used it or installed it and what you think about it? It also is not only for a toilet but it says you can use it for showers and sinks. If I am reading this right it is made by Star Water Systems. Just any imput on the product drop a line and THANK YOUsmiling smiley

Jazz

Re: Powerflush model#S1101
Author: e-plumber (NY)

If there are gravity drains below the basement floor, they should be utilized if possible or a sewage ejector system [www.plumbingsupply.com] may be a better choice rather than one of these systems;

[www.plumbingsupply.com]

EDIT: Added link

e-plumber
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The society which scorns excellence in Plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an
exalted activity will have neither good Plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water." -
John William Gardner 10/8/1912 - 2/16/2002

Repair your leaking Plumbing fixtures ASAP [www.theplumber.com]
This slow drip will waste 7+ gallons of water per day.

Edited 1 times.

Author: redwood (CT)

If you are putting in a bathroom in the basement those types of systems can be used. However, It is always best to have a drain system that works by gravity as it works better than any electro-mechanical device ever will. If the drain exits the house at a point to high for gravity to work those systems can be used however, the system you are looking at is in my opinion a second best design by a manufacturer that I am unfamiliar with. The systems available for use are shown on this link to our forum sponsors website.[www.plumbingsupply.com] I would rank the pit model at the top of the page as the best option, Qwik-Jon (I am familiar with this manufacturer)as second best, and the Saniflo toilet as the worst.

All of these systems require a vent through the roof for them to work properly. I would recommend a plumber on this project!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Since 1995 (3 years before Google started) PlumbingSupply.com has been THE best plumbing supplier on the web. Please visit our sponsor [www.PlumbingSupply.com]

Author: jazzbilly (TN)

OH yeah a plumber is going to hired I can't begin to even want to put this in myself and the MR is way to busy, I have to do all the remodling on my own laugh Thanks!!

Author: noelave1501 (KY)

I have had the POWERFLUSH system in my basement for 4 years. It has worked flawlessly. My sewer drainline runs under the basement and I could have cut through the concrete and found the sewer line. Let's talk dust, mess and cost here. I was quoted 6 X what the unit cost to put in a conventional drain line. So I chose to go with the S1101 instead. I run a shower, sink, toilet and condenser drain from my air conditioner through the system. The toilet and shower are used almost daily.

This bathroom was part of a basement renovation so I had an electrician and plumber on site for the remod. Electricity? Plug it in. Plumbing? You need an outside vent and a point to tap into the system. Of course, this can be overhead, which mine is.

I highly recommend this unit.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.