Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 splashy toilet flush
Author: Anonymous User

Everytime the toilet is flushed, there are drops of water splashed onto the underside of the lid and on the seat. Obviously this is an unsanitary situation. No one seems to be able to diagnose the problem, or offer a possible solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: splashy toilet flush
Author: Wheelchair (IL)

I agree, but you can help us further by suppling some details.
Brand of toilet
Model of toilet
3.5 gpf
1.6 gpf
original parts
replacement parts
How old is the toilet.

Author: packy (MA)

first thing that comes to mind is too much water in the tank.

Author: westchester plumber

Pressure assist and flushometer type toilets can cause splashing in the bowl if not adjusted properly.

Good Luck. *westchester plumber*

Author: hj (AZ)

ON some toilets if the opening in the bottom front gets obstructed it can divert the angle of flow and then some of the water causes the splashing.

Author: Anonymous User

I don't remember the old toilet brand and model which was exhibiting the same problem; it was replaced over a year ago with a new toilet. The new toilet is an Eljer 141-0220 1.6 gpf, also "L 2606 Mar 09 '02" is impressed into the inside of the tank. I think everything in the tank is new (kit) -- top of fill valve reads "MASTER MARK IV." Thanks.

Author: Scott D. Plumber (VA)

Here is what I have seen on some of the first generation 1.6 and I assume is possible on some of the low end ones now.

Once you get the darn water level to where they will get the job done, the flush is violent enough to cause splashing. I have one in my own home (the last one I need to swap out and I've been putting it off) that is just like it.

My plan is to replace it with the new A.S. Champion, that I am hearing a lot about to test it out for myself. The old one will be donated to the local dumpster...violently and with much celebration!

Author: plumber177 (NJ)

try TOTO Drake

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.