Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 700,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Welcome to Plbg.com (also known as PlumbingForum.com) where plumbing advice, education, information, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers and plumbing contractors anywhere who all wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been free without popup or other invasive ads and known to be the best online STRICTLY PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to find and/or purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Hansgrohe Axor Carlton "14880" kitchen faucet aerator
Author: sum (FL)

I have an hold Hansgrohe kitchen faucet that was installed back over ten years ago and the flow out of the faucet is slower and weaker recently. If I removed the aerator the flow is strong, so the issue is the aerator being clogged with mineral or debris and needs to be cleaned/replaced.

It is a Hansgrohe Axor Carlton catalog number 14880.

Except once I unscrewed the tip of the spout, I could not take the plastic aerator out of the tip of the spout.

Spout with aerator unscrewed.

Front and back of the spout tip with the aerator inside, cannot remove the aerator it seems to be locked in tight, although that doesn't make sense to me.

Since this faucet has been discontinued by Hansgrohe, I can't even find information on their web site about it, but I did find a parts diagram here:

[#$%&]

It does show, as part #6, that the tip of the spout that unscrewed and the aerator is a single part.

Is this possible, in order to replace the aerator, you need to replace the metal housing around it with a matching finish?

I did call Hansgrohe, so far no luck, as their customer service said they couldn't find any record of this old faucet and they are not sure it's a Hansgrohe LOL.

Edited 2 times.

Re: Hansgrohe Axor Carlton "14880" kitchen faucet aerator
Author: bernabeu (SC)

tape the entire assembly onto the faucet spout UPSIDE DOWN with duct tape

holding it tight with your 'free hand', back flush the assembly

may, or may not, work to clear it

it DOES work for kohler lyntiers

ps. the tape is to avoid the mess if you merely hand-hold it in place

Edited 1 times.

Author: packy (MA)

take an aerator off another faucet and try it on that one to see if the size is the same.

you might be able to swap the insides ????

Author: bernabeu (SC)

as per: [assets.hansgrohe.com]

other faucet aerators do not match, this is some special metric threads.

I can't take the aerator off the metal sleeve without destroying it, tried back washing doesn't work either.

Hansgrohe customer service number is always busy with long wait time and listening to music while holding, so I filled out an online support form including the explanation and pictures, got a reply back (auto reply) saying the request has been received and someone will be in touch soon. Waited two weeks, no one got in touch. So I called them and waited close to an hour someone finally answered. I asked if there is anyone responding to the online support request and she said they don't use it anymore (so it just goes into an electronic waste basket?)

Stated my problem, and she said the aerator needs to be replaced. I asked for the part number she said it's 96653000. OK I noted it and asked does this part number include the metal sleeve that house the aerator or just the aerator? She said just the aerator. Are you sure? Yes.

OK so I looked that part up. It's called M22X1 aerator, and this link shows it's a part with three pieces, an o-ring, the aerator and the metal sleeve.

[spares.hansgrohe.com]

So I called Ferguson and checked with them and yes they can special order it for $40 plus shipping. I asked them what does it include and they said it seems it is a three piece item. They are looking at the same parts diagram I was. So I asked if the part includes a metal sleeve, shouldn't it have different part number depending on the finish whether it's chrome, satin chrome, bronze etc...? He didn't quite follow it either.

So I emailed Hansgrohe back and asked and confirmed if just the aerator can be ordered not the metal sleeve, and she said "yes aerator is the service part can be ordered". What does this mean? I emailed back, linked the parts diagram and said here it shows the part number 96653000 has three pieces, can I get just the aerator which is the middle piece? Answer came back "no because aerator is the service part". I replied and said so what is the part number for the aerator that has the metal sleeve that matches my satin chrome finish? She said it is only available in chrome because the faucet has been discontinued.

So to replace an aerator, you have to buy a part consists of three component, and the metal sleeve that needs to be purchase comes in a color that I can't use. Oh boy this is the last time I am using Hansgrohe products.

Author: vic (CA)

Bummer Sum! Thanks so much for sharing your experiences regarding Hansgrohe with us.

Author: Don411 (IN)

You can see from the diagram that all three parts of the aerator are combined under one part #, "assemblies" like this are common when the manufacturer is buying pre-assembled pieces from a vendor. Also note from that page link you provided that this faucet was manufactured from 2003- 2008, so at a minimum it's 16 years old, it's impressive that you can get parts at all. That said, I would replace the faucet before I dropped $40 on an aerator.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned: try soaking the aerator assembly in vinegar overnight, sometimes that can be effective in dissolving or loosening mineral scale and other things clogging the screen.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.