Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Stacked washer dryer in a tight closet
Author: sum (FL)

I would like to remove the washer/dryer in this tight closet so I can get behind them to replace the washing machine hoses, inspect the drain hose, and check the dryer duct for lint.

I cannot squeeze to the side of the machine, there is not enough room, but I can reach my hand in to take a picture.

I have never worked with a stackable before, and this set is here when I bought the place. I tried moving it and it's not shifting an inch. Do I just need more elbow grease, or is there a trick to this?

Re: Stacked washer dryer in a tight closet
Author: bernabeu (SC)

[academy.fredsappliance.com]

have fun

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: ArthurPeabody (NM)

I have a stacked, but it's out in the open. I move them separately: take the dryer off, then move the washer - doesn't everybody? I don't have a bracket attaching the dryer to the washer; yours probably does. What's the wall behind it look like? I'd consider mounting access panels.

Author: sum (FL)

This is a LG WashTower so it is a single unit and needs to be moved together. It is not a stackable in that there is only one power plug that serves both units, and it cannot be separated to function. My understanding is there are some brackets to separate the two but it's not intended to be separated as it is shipped as a single tall tower. Specs says it is 350 pounds.

Author: Don411 (IN)

There's this Air Sled: [www.youtube.com].

If you haven't already, go to the LG website and download the installation manual, it may tell it's OK to separate the units for installation. Other than that, you'll likely need some kind of dolly...I would hesitate to use a hand truck on the face of it and put pressure on those doors.

On edit: LG has a video that shows how to separate the units, and there are screws on both the sides and the back that need to be removed, so the unit would need to come out of the closet to be disassembled, so that's not going to help you....[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 times.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

? possibly similar to some fridges ?

on rollers but with 'jacking screws' to prevent 'walking'

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: Don411 (IN)

Sooooo.....waiting on the video of you moving this sum!

Edited 1 times.

Author: davidimcintosh (Canada)

Washers, particularly front loaders, will likely always have jacking screw legs, probably 4, because being level is quite important for the large seals at the front (around door). Never seen any with rollers like most fridges these days have.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.