Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Adding dog showerhead to Laundry Room Faucet
Author: Cindy210 (PA)

Hi! I am new here.

I need help with a problem I am running into with our upcoming laundry room renovation. I have two medium sized dogs that I currently bathe in my laundry tub. I would like to have my new laundry sink double as a dog bath. The new laundry sink will be approx 30" wide and 9" deep.

My original idea was to get a regular kitchen faucet with a side spray. I then wanted to be able to use a "dog sprayer" in place of the side spray (I found one small enough that looks very similar to a side spray). Apparently they are two different sizes and connections so was told it cannot be done.

I then moved onto trying to find a faucet that has a removable aerator so I could just use the diverter I have, which attaches to the dog sprayer. I currently have the Moen Belfield faucet in mind and am trying to make work, but I can't find adapters to connect the faucet to the diverter. The aerator is recessed.

My last attempt is to use a wall mounted roman tub gooseneck faucet with telephone style hand shower. I found this one at Signature Hardware: Pasaia Tub Faucet with Hand Shower. I don't know if this can be installed using the current pipes that are currently going to a regular kitchen type faucet that I currently have in my laundry room. I really wanted the first option to work, because then it still looks like a regular faucet in my "new, pretty" laundry room!

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Adding dog showerhead to Laundry Room Faucet
Author: packy (MA)

would this work ?

[www.kohler.com]

Unfortunately, that will not work because the sink is small and slanted. I already ordered the sink which is large enough for my 25 lb dogs. It's the sprayer I need help with.
Thank you for your suggestion!

Author: Curly (CA)

Maybe I missed it ..can you just use a kitchen faucet with a pull down spray like this ?

[www.kohler.com]

No, it doesn't work. I have a pull-down faucet in my kitchen, so I decided to give it a try. The hose is kind of short, so it was hard to rinse under their belly and their feet. Also, the faucet itself kept following the sprayer, which was really getting in the way.
Thanks for the suggestion though!

Author: bernabeu (SC)

pick one:

[www.bing.com]

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: Curly (CA)

Could try faucet with a side spray.....

[www.kohler.com]

Potential problem - When not using sprayer water will come out of regular spout which could be problematic depending on where spout is pointing/dog is located.

Could try laundry tray/utility faucet with garden hose thread on the end of spout and you can rig up any hose you want - garden hose or adapt to 1/2" thread and use hand held shower head. Install hose when you need it and then remove it when finished. Faucet are not always the best looking...

[www.kohler.com]

Generally speaking any conventional kitchen faucet without any type of sprayer you should be able to install a garden hose threaded adapter on end of spout and use a garden hose of your choice....

[www.kohler.com]

Links for Kohler faucets......just using these as examples. Use any name brand faucet and you should be OK.

With garden hose thread on end of spout opens you up to all kinds of options for a removeable hose. Trying to explain this could really get into the weeds. If you have a plumbing store(not big box) in your area they should be able to walk you through it.

Author: george 7941 (Canada)

For option 1, you could cut both hoses (side spray hose and the dog spray hose) and attach them using a hose barb adapter of the appropriate size and hose clamps, so that you end up with the dog sprayer as your side spray. This way you get around the issue of different sized connectors.

This is not a manufacturer recommended procedure, so use it at your own discretion. What helps is that there is no pressure in the hose when the faucet is not on, so you won't come home and find out that you had a flood while yoou were away.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.