Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Rear discharge toilet
Author: NorthJersey (NJ)

I'm looking for a rear discharge toilet for a basement toilet installation. Because of the horizontal drain height in the basement, I need a toilet with minimal differential between the rim and the center of the rear discharge.

I've looked at wall-mount options, but they seem to require a drain that makes a downward bend, requiring a high mount height. I want to make a horizontal connection to the drain.

Can anyone recommend a toilet that fits the bill?

Re: Rear discharge toilet
Author: bernabeu (SC)

take your pick

[www.bing.com]

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: packy (MA)

any that i have used had a discharge height of 4 inches to the center of the wall mounted flange
the pipe in the wall can run sideways with a 1/4 inch per foot slope.

I've seen one that required a 7.5" to 8.5" center height on the flange.

It's the Waycross toilet from Signature Hardware.

I believe the description says that the discharge can be adjusted up to 8.5". The toilet rim is only 16.5" high, so that's an 8-inch differential. That model is not all that attractive, but I'm unaware of any other models with a similar flange rough-in height.

Packy, are you saying that most wall-hung units can handle a horizontal bend right from the outlet? If so, do you think I could find a wall hung model with a significantly smaller differential?

Edited 4 times.

Author: hj (AZ)

"Wall hung" and rear discharge are two completely different things. You can install a wall hung as high as you want to, but a rear discharge can only be about 4" above whatever you decide for a floor for the toilet.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

ditto

all wall hung are rear discharge

not all rear discharge are wall hung

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: packy (MA)

double ditto

Author: arslan (NY)

Spam deleted

Edited 1 times.

Thanks, guys. I'm not confused by the distinction between wall-hung toilets and floor-mounted, rear-discharge toilets.

What I think I'm reading is that no one really knows of a wall-hung unit that 1) has measurement smaller than 8" between the rim and the center of the discharge and 2) has no requirement for a downward bend from the toilet discharge (Gerberit technical support personnel reportedly say their toilets require between a 90 degree and 45 degree downward bend).

If anyone is aware of either a wall-hung toilet or a floor-mounted rear-discharge toilet that has a rim to discharge differential equal or less than that of the Waycross toilet, I would be grateful to hear about it.

Author: hj (AZ)

IF the toilet does not have an integral "S" trap, then it would need a downward 90 bend to create one. If the outlet is too close to the rim, that is probably the situation.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.