Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 kitchen sink in island
Author: Hotdamn (CA)

Hi all, I'm an owner/builder with no plumbing experience. My wife (bless her soul) wants to move the whole stupid kitchen to the back of the house, and I'm looking for advice. My questions are:

The sink (and dishwasher) will be in an island (see pic #1 below). I think I need to trench up the concrete foundation to connect the sink to the sewer. Pic#2 shows the existing wall and floor drains (that I could find). Which way should I dig the trench to connect to the existing sewer? I hope to use the same trench to provide electricity and water to the island, as well as vent the sink.

Pic#1 - The white sink is existing, the pink is the new sink
[imgur.com]

Pic#2 - Location of existing wall and floor drains
[imgur.com]

I'm grateful for any advice, I'm happy to provide additional info and drawings (locations of water, electric, etc.).

Re: kitchen sink in island
Author: bernabeu (SC)

[www.bing.com]

trench towards the existing piping, and if in good condition, tie in there

? how ?

get a licensed bonded insured plumber - cheaper in the long run

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: Curly (CA)

Get the sewer lines traced/inspected to know where they are and their condition.

If water lines are in the slab also get them traced.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

You may not, repeat NOT, leave dead ends over 24" when you remove the existing, so, probably, you have chop there in any event ..... may as well tie in there (pitch permitting)

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

That makes sense, thanks.

Curly- when you say get the sewer 'traced/inspected', does that mean inserting one of those camera's in to the cleanout? Or is there something else you'd recommend?

Author: Curly (CA)

Yes.

Camera to see inside of lines and then the same person should also be able to trace the lines and mark there location.

You may or may not need this, but they should also be able to send(give) you a recording of the video inspection for future reference.

Thanks everyone. clap

Perfect, thanks everyone.

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.