Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Which Shower flange drain and parts to use to remove and install please...
Author: peterac (NC)

I have a few pictures of my shower drain which is part of an entire plastic shower enclosure.
[drive.google.com]

The metal drain cover came off years ago and I epoxied it on a few times.

where the screws would go in there is nothing to hold them since the plastic sleeve that would be screwed into eventually disintegrated over 20 years.

I wonder what products would be best to replace the flange and the accompanying insert?

I’m not sure if the flange screws inside the drain pipe or if it just is silicone or putty holding it there.

Right now the epoxy is holding, but I want to be proactive for the future.

And I think I would probably hire someone with to chip away the edge of the flange and get the component out in order to install a new one.

And I think the current flange does seem to have been threaded onto the drain pipe, which means there are threads Inside the drain pipe. But I could really be wrong and perhaps there are no threads and this is a two-piece unit. Feel free to zoom in on the pictures. I wish they were better though.

also, not sure about size

Any advice is helpful including the product or products to use
including the product or products to use, gaskets, tools, putty, silicone to remove and install.

Pics:

Thank you so very much, Peter

Re: Which Shower flange drain and parts to use to remove and install please...
Author: packy (MA)

no pictures..

Author: george 7941 (Canada)

Pics are there, see second line.

thanks george..

if you don't have access to the bottom of that shower i think i would just clean it all up and find some kind of adhesive to glue the cover down.
in your first picture you have the measuring tape covering the screw hole so its hard to tell what's happening ??
you may be able to put some epoxy into the holes and when it has set up, insert the stainless screws.

Author: sjones12121994 (KY)

To replace the damaged shower drain flange, start by removing the existing one using a wrench or by cutting/breaking it if it's not threaded. Measure the diameter of the drain to determine the size needed for the replacement. Choose a new flange that matches the size and is suitable for your shower conditions. Clean the area, remove old sealants, and install the new flange by screwing it on or using adhesive, depending on whether it's threaded. Apply a waterproof sealant around the edges to ensure a watertight seal.

Edited 1 times.

sponsor sells these. made to work from above floor.

[www.plumbingsupply.com]

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.